Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: picket pi-kit
- A person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- lookout, lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout
- A detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
- A protester posted by a labour organization outside a place of work
- (military) a vehicle performing sentinel duty
- A wooden strip forming part of a fence
- A form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake
- Serve as pickets or post pickets
"picket a business to protest the layoffs"
- Fasten with a picket
"picket the goat"
Anagrams created from the word picket