Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: pledge plej
- Promise solemnly and formally
"I pledge that I will honour my wife";
- Pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals
"I pledged $10 a month to my favourite radio station";
- Propose a toast to
"Let us pledge the birthday girl!";
- toast, drink, salute, wassail [archaic]
- Give as a guarantee
"I pledge my honour"
- Bind or secure by a pledge
"I was pledged to silence"
- A deposit of personal property as security for a debt
"his saxophone was in pledge"
- Someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
- A drink in honour of or to the health of a person or event
- A binding commitment to do, give or refrain from something
"signed a pledge never to reveal the secret";
Anagrams created from the word pledge