Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: poised poyzd
- Marked by balance or equilibrium and readiness for action
"a gull in poised flight"; "George's poised hammer"
- In full control of your faculties
"perfectly poised and sure of himself";
- collected, equanimous, self-collected, self-contained, self-possessed
- Be motionless, in suspension
"The bird poised for a few moments before it attacked"
- Prepare (oneself) for something unpleasant or difficult
- Cause to be balanced or suspended
- Hold or carry in equilibrium
Anagrams created from the word poised