Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: posted pow-stid
- Publicly announced
"the posted speed limit"
- [Brit] Send via the postal service
- mail, get off
- Affix in a public place or for public notice
"post a warning"
- Publicize with, or as if with, a poster
"I'll post the news on the bulletin board"
- Assign to a post; put into a post
"The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
- Assign to a particular location
- station, send, place
- Display, as of records in sports games
- Enter on a public list
- Transfer (entries) from one account book to another
- (riding) ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
- Mark with a stake
"post out the path";
- Place so as to be noticed
"post a warning at the dump"; "post a sign";
- put up
- [Brit] Give to a courier to take to another place
"I'll post you the paper when it's written";
- mail, send
- Mark or expose as infamous
"She was posted a loose woman";
Anagrams created from the word posted