Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: proper pró-pu(r)
- Marked by suitability, rightness or appropriateness
"proper medical treatment"; "proper manners"
- Having all the qualities typical of the thing specified
"wanted a proper dinner; not just a snack"; "he finally has a proper job"
- Limited to the thing specified
"the city proper"; "his claim is connected with the deed proper"
- Appropriate for a condition, purpose, occasion or a person's character, needs
"everything in its proper place";
"had a proper workout";
- Completely and absolutely
- thoroughly, soundly, good [N. Amer]
Anagrams created from the word proper