Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: puddle pú-d(u)l
- A small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid
"there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain";
- A mixture of wet clay and sand that can be used to line a pond and that is impervious to water when dry
- Something resembling a pool of liquid
"his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines";
- Wade or dabble in a puddle
"The ducks and geese puddled in the backyard"
- Subject to puddling or form by puddling
- Dip into mud before planting
"puddle young plants"
- Work a wet mixture, such as concrete or mud
- Mess around, as in a liquid or paste
"The children are having fun puddling in paint"
- Make into a puddle
- Make a puddle by splashing water
- Mix up or confuse
"He puddled the issues";
- addle, muddle
- Eliminate urine
- make, urinate, piddle, micturate, pee, pee-pee, make water, relieve oneself, take a leak, spend a penny [Brit], wee [Brit], wee-wee, pass water, widdle [Brit]
Anagrams created from the word puddle