Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: putout 'pût,awt
- (baseball) an out resulting from a fielding play (not a strikeout)
"the first baseman made 15 putouts"
- To cause inconvenience or discomfort to
- trouble, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother
- Put out considerable effort
"He put out the same for seven managers"
- Deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
"put out fires";
- Thrust or extend out
"the bee put out its sting";
- exsert, stretch out, extend, hold out, stretch forth
- Put out, as of a candle or a light
"put out the lights";
- Be sexually active
"She is supposed to put out"
- (baseball) cause to be out on a fielding play
- (baseball) retire
"he was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
- Prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
"put out a magazine or newspaper";
- publish, bring out, issue, release
- Administer an anaesthetic drug to
"The patient must be put out before the operation";
- anesthetize [N. Amer], anaesthetize [Brit, Cdn], anesthetise [Brit], anaesthetise [Brit], put under
Anagrams created from the word putout