Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: reason ree-zun
- A rational motive for a belief or action
"the reason that war was declared";
- An explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
"the reason a steady state was never reached was that the back pressure built up too slowly"
- The capacity for rational thought, inference or discrimination
"we are told that man is endowed with reason and capable of distinguishing good from evil";
- understanding, intellect
- The state of having good sense and sound judgment
"he had to rely less on reason than on rousing their emotions";
- rationality, reasonableness
- A justification for something existing or happening
"they had good reason to rejoice";
- cause, grounds
- A fact that logically justifies some premise or conclusion
"there is reason to believe he is lying"
- Decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion
"We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house";
- reason out, conclude
- Present reasons and arguments
- Think logically
"The children must learn to reason"
Anagrams created from the word reason