Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: refine ri'fIn
- Improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
"refine one's style of writing";
- polish, fine-tune, down
- Make more complex, intricate, or rich
"refine a design or pattern";
- complicate, rarify, elaborate
- Treat or prepare so as to put in a usable condition
"refine paper stock"; "refine pig iron"; "refine oil"
- Reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities
- Attenuate or reduce in vigour, strength, or validity by polishing or purifying
"many valuable nutrients are refined out of the foods in our modern diet"
- Make more precise or increase the discriminatory powers of
"refine a method of analysis"; "refine the constant in the equation"
Anagrams created from the word refine