Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: regret (regretted,regretting) ri'gret
- Feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
- repent, rue
- Feel sad about the loss or absence of
- Decline formally or politely
"I regret I can't come to the party"
- Express with regret
"I regret to say that you did not gain admission to Harvard"
- Sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
"he wrote a note expressing his regret";
- sorrow, rue [archaic], ruefulness
Anagrams created from the word regret