Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: report ri'port
- To give an account or representation of in words
"Discreet Italian police reported it in a manner typically continental";
- describe, account
- Announce as the result of an investigation, experience or finding
"Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"; "The team reported significant advances in their research"
- Announce one's presence
"I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
- Make known to the authorities
"One student reported the other to the principal"
- Be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
"Snow reported on China in the 1950's";
- Complain about; make a charge against
"I reported her to the supervisor"
- A written document describing the findings of some individual or group
"this accords with the recent report by Hill and Dale";
- study, written report
- The act of informing by verbal report
"he heard reports that they were causing trouble";
- A short account of the news
"the report of his speech";
- news report, story, account, write up
- A sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing)
"they heard a violent report followed by silence"
- A written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment
"his father signed his report card";
- report card
- An essay (especially one written as an assignment)
"he got an A on his report";
- composition, paper, theme
- The general estimation that the public has for a person
"he was a person of bad report";
Anagrams created from the word report