Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: repose ri'powz
- Freedom from activity (work, strain or responsibility)
"took his repose by the swimming pool";
- rest, ease, relaxation
- The absence of mental stress or anxiety
- peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, serenity, heartsease, ataraxis
- A disposition free from stress or emotion
- quiet, placidity, serenity, tranquillity, tranquility
- Put or confide something in a person or thing
"These philosophers reposed the law in the people"
- Be inherent or innate in;
- rest, reside
- Lie when dead
"Mao reposes in his mausoleum"
- Lean in a comfortable resting position
"He was reposing on the couch";
- recumb, recline
- Put in a horizontal position
"repose the books on the table";
- lay, put down
- To put something (eg trust) in something
"The nation reposed its confidence in the King"
Anagrams created from the word repose