Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: resile ri'zI(-u)l
- Pull out from an agreement, contract, statement, etc.
"The landlord cannot resile from the lease"
- Move back in a roughly opposite direction after an impact
"These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide";
- bounce, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
- Formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure
"She resiled her beliefs";
- abjure, recant, forswear, retract
- Return to the original position or state after being stretched or compressed
"The rubber tubes resile"
Anagrams created from the word resile