Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: rested re-stid
- Not tired; refreshed as by sleeping or relaxing
"came back rested from her vacation"
- Not move; be in a resting position
- Take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
- breathe, catch one's breath, take a breather
- Give a rest to
"He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
- Have a place in relation to something else
"The responsibility rests with the Allies";
- Be at rest
- Be in the same place or state for an extended period of time
- stay, remain
- Be inherent or innate in;
- reside, repose
- Put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying
"Rest your head on my shoulder"
- Sit, as on a branch
"The birds rested high in the tree";
- perch, roost
- Rest on or as if on a pillow
"rest your head";
- Be inactive, refrain from acting
"The committee is resting over the summer"
Anagrams created from the word rested