Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: riding rI-ding
- The sport of sitting on the back of a horse while controlling its movements
- horseback riding, equitation
- Travel by being carried on horseback
- horseback riding
- [Cdn] Constituency for an elected member of parliament or legislature
- (riding) Sit and travel on the back of an animal, usually while controlling its motion
"Did you ever ride a camel?";
- Be carried or travel on or in a vehicle
"I ride to work in a bus"; "He rides the subway downtown every day"
- Continue undisturbed and without interference
"Let it ride"
- Move like a floating object
"The moon rode high in the night sky"
- [N. Amer] Deliberately provoke by mocking or poking fun, often in an aggressive manner
"Don't ride me so hard over my failure";
- tease, razz [N. Amer], rag, cod, bait, taunt, twit, rally, wind up [Brit]
- Be sustained, supported or borne
"His glasses rode high on his nose"; "The child rode on his mother's hips"; "She rode a wave of popularity"; "The brothers rode to an easy victory on their father's political name"
- Have certain properties when driven
"This car rides smoothly";
- Be contingent on
"The outcomes rides on the results of the election";
- depend on, devolve on, depend upon, turn on, hinge on, hinge upon
- Lie moored or anchored
"Ship rides at anchor"
- Sit on and control a vehicle
"He rides his bicycle to work every day"; "She loves to ride her new motorcycle through town"
- Climb up on the body
"Shorts that ride up"; "This skirt keeps riding up my legs"
- Ride over, along, or through
"Ride the freeways of California"
- Keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot
"Don't ride the clutch!"
- Copulate with
"The bull was riding the cow";
Anagrams created from the word riding