Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: rolled rówld
- (botany) especially of petals or leaves in bud; having margins rolled inward
- involute, involuted
- Uttered with a trill
- rolling, trilled
- Rolled up and secured
"his rolled umbrella hanging on his arm";
- Move by turning over or rotating
"The child rolled down the hill";
- turn over
- Move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle
"The President's convoy rolled past the crowds";
- Occur in soft rounded shapes
"The hills rolled past";
- Flatten or spread with a roller
"roll out the paper";
- roll out
- Emit, produce, or utter with a deep prolonged reverberating sound
"The thunder rolled"; "rolling drums"
- Arrange or coil around
"roll your hair around your finger";
- wind, wrap, twine
- Begin operating or running
"The cameras were rolling"; "The presses are already rolling"
- Shape by rolling
"roll a cigarette"
- Execute a roll, in tumbling
"The gymnasts rolled and jumped"
- Sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
- hustle, pluck
- Move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion
"the waves rolled towards the beach";
- undulate, flap, wave
- Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
"They rolled from town to town";
- wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond
- Move, rock, or sway from side to side
"The ship rolled on the heavy seas"
- Cause to move by turning over or in a circular manner of as if on an axis
"She rolled the ball"; "They rolled their eyes at his words";
- Pronounce with a roll, of the phoneme /r/
"She rolls her r's"
- Boil vigorously
"The water rolled";
- Take the shape of a roll or cylinder
"the carpet rolled out"; "Yarn rolls well"
- Show certain properties when being rolled
"The carpet rolls unevenly"; "dried-out tobacco rolls badly"; "The carpet rolls up unevenly";
- roll up
Anagrams created from the word rolled