Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: rotate 'row,teyt [N. Amer], row'teyt [Brit]
- Turn on or around an axis or a centre
"The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire";
- revolve, go around
- Exchange on a regular basis
"We rotate the lead soprano every night"
- Perform a job or duty on a rotating basis
"Interns have to rotate for a few months"
- Cause to turn on an axis or centre
"Rotate the handle";
- Turn outward
"ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees";
- turn out, splay, spread out
- Plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession
"We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
Anagrams created from the word rotate