Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: sacred sey-krid
- Concerned with religion or religious purposes
"sacred texts"; "sacred rites"; "sacred music"
- Worthy of respect or dedication
"saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
- Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use
"the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine";
- consecrated, sanctified
- Worthy of religious veneration
"the sacred name of Jesus";
- (often followed by 'to') devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose or person
"a fund sacred to charity"; "a morning hour sacred to study"; "a private office sacred to the President"
Anagrams created from the word sacred