Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: salute su'loot
- Propose a toast to
"Let us salute the birthday girl!";
- toast, drink, pledge, wassail [archaic]
- Greet in a friendly way
"I meet this man every day on my way to work and he salutes me"
- Express commendation of
"I salute your courage!"
- Become noticeable
"a terrible stench saluted our nostrils"
- Honour with a military ceremony, as when honouring dead soldiers
- Recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation; assume a prescribed position
"When the officers show up, the soldiers have to salute";
- An act of honour or courteous recognition
"a musical salute to the composer on his birthday";
- (military) a formal military gesture of respect
- military greeting
- An act of greeting with friendly words and gestures like bowing or lifting the hat
Anagrams created from the word salute