Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: search surch
- Try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of
"The police are searching for clues"; "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county";
- seek, look for
- Spend time trying to find
"We searched all day and finally found the child in the forest";
- Inquire into
"He searched for information on his relatives on the web";
- research, explore, dig into
- Subject to a search
"The police searched the suspect"; "We searched the whole house for the missing keys"
- The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- hunt, hunting
- An investigation seeking answers
"a thorough search of the ledgers revealed nothing"; "the outcome justified the search"
- An operation that determines whether one or more of a set of items has a specified property
"they wrote a program to do a table search";
- The examination of alternative hypotheses
"his search for a move that would avoid checkmate was unsuccessful"
- Boarding and inspecting a ship on the high seas
"right of search"
Anagrams created from the word search