Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: seated see-tid
- (of persons) having the torso erect and legs bent with the body supported on the buttocks
"the audience remained seated"; "the seated Madonna";
- Show to a seat; assign a seat for
"The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith";
- sit, sit down
- Be able to seat
"The theatre seats 2,000"
- Place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position
"there was a ceremony to seat the president of the Academy";
- induct, invest
- (cabinetwork) put a seat on a chair
- (architecture) provide with seats
"seat a concert hall"
- Place or attach firmly in or on a base
"seat the camera on the tripod"
- Place in or on a seat
"the mother seated the toddler on the high chair"
Anagrams created from the word seated