Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: series (series) seer-eez
- Similar things placed in order or happening one after another
"they were investigating a series of bank robberies"
- A serialized set of programs
"the Masterworks concert series"; "a comedy series";
- A periodical that appears at scheduled times
- serial, serial publication
- (sport) several contests played successively by the same teams
"the visiting team swept the series"
- (electronics) connection of components in such a manner that current flows first through one and then through the other
"the voltage divider consisted of a series of fixed resistors"
- A group of postage stamps having a common theme or a group of coins or currency selected as a group for study or collection
"the Post Office issued a series commemorating famous American entertainers"; "his coin collection included the complete series of Indian-head pennies"
- (mathematics) the sum of a finite or infinite sequence of expressions
Anagrams created from the word series