Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: shower shaw(-u)r
- A plumbing fixture that sprays water over you
"they installed a shower in the bathroom"
- Washing yourself by standing upright under water sprayed from a nozzle
"he took a shower after the game";
- shower bath
- A brief period of precipitation
"the game was interrupted by a brief shower";
- rain shower
- A sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
"a little shower of rose petals";
- Someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
- exhibitor, exhibitioner
- [N. Amer] A party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person
"her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
- Expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns
"He was showered with praise";
- Spray or sprinkle with
"The guests showered rice on the couple"
- Take a shower; wash one's body in the shower
"You should shower after vigorous exercise"
- Rain abundantly
"Meteors showered down over half of Australia";
- shower down
- Provide abundantly with
"He showered her with presents"
Anagrams created from the word shower