Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: signal sig-nul
- Any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
"signals from the boat suddenly stopped";
- signaling [US], sign, signalling
- Any incitement to action
"he awaited the signal to start"; "the victory was a signal for wild celebration"
- An electric quantity (voltage, current or field strength) whose modulation represents coded information about the source from which it comes
- Communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
- sign, signalize, signalise [Brit]
- Be a signal for or a symptom of
"The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued";
- bespeak, betoken [archaic], indicate, point
- Notably out of the ordinary
"the year saw one signal triumph for the Labour party"
Anagrams created from the word signal