Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: single sing-gul
- Being or characteristic of one particular part of many
"single drops of rain";
- Existing alone or consisting of one entity or part or aspect or individual
"upon the hill stood a single tower"; "had but a single thought which was to escape"; "a single survivor"; "a single serving"; "a single lens"; "a single thickness"
- Not married; related to the unmarried state
"sex and the single girl"; "single parenthood"; "are you married or single?";
- Characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing
"single occupancy"; "a single bed";
- (botany) used of flowers having usually only one row or whorl of petals
"single chrysanthemums resemble daisies and may have more than one row of petals"
- Having uniform application
"a single legal code for all"
- Not divided among or brought to bear on more than one object or objective
"judging a contest with a single eye"; "a single devotion to duty";
- undivided, exclusive
- A base hit on which the batter stops safely at first base
- The smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
"he has the single but will need a two and three to go with it";
- one, 1, I, ace, unity
- [US] A piece of paper money worth one dollar
- dollar, dollar bill, one dollar bill, buck, clam [US]
- A popular song released and sold (on any format) on its own; a featured song with some others
- [Brit] A one-way ticket
- A room (e.g. in a hotel) for one person
"Do you have a single for tonight?";
- single room
- (baseball) hit a single
"the batter singled to left field"
Anagrams created from the word single