Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: sister sis-tu(r)
- A female person who has the same parents as another person
"my sister married a musician";
- A female person who is a fellow member of a sorority or labour union or other group
"none of her sisters would betray her"
- (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
- baby, babe, bub [Austral], bundle of joy
- [Brit] One skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- A woman religious
- Closely linked or associated
"a sister organization"
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a nun (and used as a form of address)
"the Sisters taught her to love God"
Anagrams created from the word sister