Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adverb: slower slow-u(r)
- More slowly
- Not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time
"a slow walker"; "the slow lane of traffic"; "her steps were slow"; "he was slow in reacting to the news"; "slow but steady growth"
- (music) at a slow tempo
"the band played a slow waltz"
- Taking more than usual time to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
"worked with the slow students";
- dense, dim, dull, dumb, obtuse
- (used of timepieces) indicating a time earlier than the correct time
"the clock is slow"
- So lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
"a slow evening with uninteresting people";
- boring, deadening, dull, ho-hum, irksome, tedious, tiresome, wearisome, deadly, unamusing, draggy, mind-numbing
- (of business) not active or brisk
"business is slow";
- dull, sluggish
Anagrams created from the word slower