Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: smooth (smoother,smoothest) smoodh
- Having a surface free from roughness, bumps, ridges or irregularities
"smooth skin"; "a smooth tabletop"; "smooth fabric"; "a smooth road"; "water as smooth as a mirror"
- Smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication
"the manager pacified the customer with a smooth apology for the error";
- politic, suave, bland
- (botany) of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
- Unconstrained and flowing smoothly in movement
"a long, smooth stride";
- fluent, fluid, liquid
- (music) without breaks between notes; flowing and connected
"a smooth passage";
- Of motion that runs or flows or proceeds without jolts or turbulence
"a smooth ride"
- Lacking obstructions or difficulties
"the bill's path through the legislature was smooth and orderly"
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
"a smooth channel crossing";
- placid, quiet, still, tranquil, unruffled
- (of a drink) having a pleasantly rounded flavour; neither rough nor astringent
- Make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing
"smooth the surface of the wood";
- Make (a surface) shiny
"smooth my shoes";
- polish, smoothen, shine
- Free from obstructions
"smooth the way towards peace negotiations";
- smooth out
- The act of smoothing
"he gave his hair a quick smooth"
Anagrams created from the word smooth