Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: source sors
- The place where something begins, where it springs into being
"Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River";
- beginning, origin, root, rootage
- A document (or organization) from which information is obtained
"the reporter had two sources for the story"
- Anything that provides inspiration for later work
- seed, germ
- A facility where something is available
- A person who supplies information
- Someone who originates, causes or initiates something
"he was the source of several complaints";
- generator, author
- (technology) a process by which energy or a substance enters a system
"a heat source"; "a source of carbon dioxide"
- Anything (a person, animal, plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies
"an infectious agent depends on a source for its survival";
- A publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to
"he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation";
- Get (a product) from another country or business
"She sourced a supply of carpet"; "They are sourcing from smaller companies"
- Specify the origin of
"The writer carefully sourced her report"
Anagrams created from the word source