Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: spring spring
- The season of growth
"he will hold office until the spring of next year"; "the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring";
- A metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed
"the spring was broken"
- A natural flow of ground water
- fountain, outflow, outpouring, natural spring
- A point at which water issues forth
- The elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
- give, springiness
- A light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
- leap, leaping, saltation, bound, bounce
- Move forward by leaps and bounds
"Can you spring over the fence?";
- jump, leap, bound
- Develop into a distinctive entity
"our plans began to spring";
- form, take form, take shape
- Move back in a roughly opposite direction after an impact
"The rubber ball sprang";
- bounce, resile, take a hop, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
- Develop suddenly
"The tire sprang a leak"
- Produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly
"He sprang the news on me just as I was leaving"
- (informal) release or set free, especially from prison
"celebrities who get sprung from prison early"
Anagrams created from the word spring