Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: square skwehr
- (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon
"you can compute the area of a square if you know the length of its sides";
- The product of two equal terms
"gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance";
- second power
- An open area at the meeting of two or more streets
- public square
- Something approximating the shape of a square
- Someone who doesn't understand what is going on
- A formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views
- square toes
- Any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles
"a checkerboard has 64 squares"
- A hand tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles; used to construct or test right angles
"the carpenter who built this room must have lost his square"
- Having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle
"a square peg in a round hole"; "a square corner"
- Characterized by honesty and fairness
"a square deal";
- Providing abundant nourishment
"four square meals a day";
- hearty, satisfying, solid, substantial
- Leaving no balance
"my account with you is now all square"
- Without evasion or compromise
"a square contradiction";
- straightforward, straight
- Rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
- Make square
"Square the circle"; "square the wood with a file"; "square up the circle";
- square up
- (arithmetic) raise to the second power
- Cause to match, as of ideas or acts
- Position so as to be square
"He squared his shoulders"
- Be compatible with
"one idea squares with another"
- Pay someone and settle a debt
"I squared with him"
- Turn the paddle; in canoeing
- Turn the oar, while rowing
- In a straight direct way
"ran square into me";
- In a square shape
"folded the sheet of paper square";
- Firmly and solidly
"planted his great bulk square before his enemy";
Anagrams created from the word square