Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: stalls stolz
- A farm building for housing horses or other livestock
- stable, horse barn
- A compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed
- Small area set off by walls for special use
- booth, cubicle, kiosk
- A booth where articles are displayed for sale
- stand, sales booth
- A malfunction in the flight of an aircraft in which there is a sudden loss of lift that results in a downward plunge
"the plane went into a stall and I couldn't control it"
- [Brit] Seating in the forward part of the main level of a theatre
- Small individual study area in a library
- carrel, carrell, cubicle
- A tactic used to mislead or delay
- Postpone doing what one should be doing
"He did not want to write the letter and stalled for days";
- procrastinate, drag one's feet, drag one's heels, shillyshally, dilly-dally, dillydally
- (driving) come to a stop
"The car stalled in the driveway";
- Deliberately delay an event or action
"she doesn't want to write the report, so she is stalling"
- Put into, or keep in, a stall
"Stall the horse"
- (air travel) experience a stall in flight, of airplanes
- (air travel) cause an aeroplane to go into a stall
- Cause an engine to stop
"The inexperienced driver kept stalling the car"
Anagrams created from the word stalls