Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: staple stey-pul
- (usually plural) a necessary commodity for which demand is constant
- A natural fibre (raw cotton, wool, hemp, flax) that can be twisted to form yarn
"staple fibers vary widely in length";
- staple fiber [US], staple fibre [Brit, Cdn]
- Material suitable for manufacture, use or finishing
- raw material
- A short U-shaped wire nail for securing cables
- Paper fastener consisting of a short length of U-shaped wire that can fasten papers together
- Secure or fasten with a staple or staples
"staple the papers together"
- Necessary or important, especially regarding food or commodities
"wheat is a staple crop"
Anagrams created from the word staple