Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: street street
- A thoroughfare (usually including pavements) that is lined with buildings
"they walked the streets of the small town"; "he lives on Nassau Street"
- The part of a thoroughfare between the pavements; the part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel
"be careful crossing the street"
- The streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction
"she tried to keep her children off the street"
- A situation offering opportunities
"he worked both sides of the street"; "cooperation is a two-way street"
- People living or working on the same street
"the whole street protested the absence of street lights"
Anagrams created from the word street