Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: strong (stronger,strongest) stróng
- Having strength or power greater than average or expected
"a strong radio signal"; "strong medicine"; "a strong man"
- Not faint or feeble
"a strong odour of burning rubber"
- Having or wielding force or authority
"providing the ground soldier with increasingly strong weapons";
- Having a strong physiological or chemical effect
"a strong toxin";
- potent, stiff
- Immune to attack; incapable of being tampered with
- impregnable, inviolable, secure, unassailable, unattackable
- Of good quality and condition; solidly built
"a strong foundation";
- solid, substantial
- (grammar) of verbs not having standard (or regular) inflection
"'sing' is a strong verb"
- Being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content
- Freshly made or left
"a strong trail";
- With more than adequate force or sureness
"gave a strong pull on the rope";
Anagrams created from the word strong