Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: suffer sú-fu(r)
- Undergo or be subjected to
"He suffered the penalty"; "Many saints suffered martyrdom";
- Undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
"She suffered a fracture in the accident";
- sustain, have, get
- Experience (emotional) pain
"Every time her husband gets drunk, she suffers"
- Put up with something or somebody unpleasant
"The new secretary had to suffer a lot of unprofessional remarks";
- digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, put up
- Get worse
"His grades suffered"
- Feel ill, be uncomfortable or in pain
- Feel physical pain
"Were you suffering after the accident?";
- hurt, ache
- Feel unwell or uncomfortable
"She is suffering from the hot weather"
- Be given to
"She suffers from a tendency to talk too much"
- Undergo or suffer
"suffer a terrible fate";
- Be set at a disadvantage
"This author really suffers in translation";
Anagrams created from the word suffer