Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: tapped tapt
- In a condition for letting out liquid drawn out as by piercing or drawing a plug
"latex from tapped rubber trees"
- Cut a female screw thread with a tap
- Draw from or dip into to get something
"tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
- Strike lightly
"He tapped me on the shoulder";
- Draw from; make good use of
"we must tap the resources we are given wisely";
- Secretly listen in on a communication channel (esp. a telephone) in order to get information
"The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy";
- wiretap, intercept, bug
- Furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it
"tap a cask of wine"
- Make light, repeated taps on a surface
"he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently";
- rap, knock, pink
- Walk with a tapping sound
- Dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes
"Glover taps better than anybody";
- Draw (liquor) from a tap
"tap beer in a bar"
- Pierce in order to draw a liquid from
"tap a maple tree for its syrup"; "tap a keg of beer"
- Make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
- solicit, beg
Anagrams created from the word tapped