Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: thread thred
- A fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton, silk, wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- Any long object resembling a thin line
"from the air the road was a grey thread"; "a thread of smoke climbed upward";
- The connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together
"he lost the thread of his argument";
- train of thought
- The raised helical rib going around a screw
- screw thread
- (computing) a series of messages with the same subject, consisting of an original message and all the replies that follow
- To move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
"the river threads through the hills";
- weave, wind, meander, wander
- Pass a thread through
"thread a needle"
- Remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string
"She had her eyebrows threaded"
- Pass through or into
"thread tape"; "thread film"
- Thread on or as if on a string
"thread dried cranberries";
- string, draw
Anagrams created from the word thread