Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: ticket ti-kit
- A commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
- A label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- (law) a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
- [N. Amer] A list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- slate [N. Amer]
- The appropriate or desirable thing
"this car could be just the ticket for a small family";
- just the ticket
- A service request, used to track complaints or requests
- Issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
"Move your car or else you will be ticketed!";
- Provide with a ticket for passage or admission
"Ticketed passengers can board now"
Anagrams created from the word ticket