Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: trench trench
- A ditch dug as a fortification having a parapet of the excavated earth
- A long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor
- deep, oceanic abyss
- Any long ditch cut in the ground
- Impinge or infringe upon
"This trenches on my rights as an individual";
- impinge, encroach, entrench
- Fortify by surrounding with trenches
"He trenched his military camp"
- Cut or carve deeply into
"letters trenched into the stone"
- Set, plant, or bury in a trench
"trench the fallen soldiers"; "trench the vegetables"
- Cut a trench in, as for drainage
"trench the fields";
- Dig a trench or trenches
"The National Guardsmen were sent out to trench"
Anagrams created from the word trench