Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: volley vó-lee
- Rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms
"our volley from the left flank caught them by surprise";
- fusillade, salvo, burst
- A tennis return made by hitting the ball before it bounces
- Be dispersed in a volley
"gun shots volleyed at the attackers"
- Hit before it touches the ground
"volley the tennis ball"
- Discharge in, or as if in, a volley
"the attackers volleyed gunshots at the civilians"
- (court game) make a volley
- Utter rapidly
"volley a string of curses"
Anagrams created from the word volley