Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: volume vól-yoom
- The amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object
"the gas expanded to twice its original volume"
- The property of something that is great in magnitude
"the volume of exports";
- bulk, mass
- A number of pages bound together (regarded as a physical object)
"he used a large volume as a doorstop";
- A publication that is one of a set of several similar publications
"the third volume was missing"; "he asked for the 1989 volume of the Annual Review"
- A relative amount
"mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
- The magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction)
"the kids played their music at full volume";
- loudness, intensity
Anagrams created from the word volume