Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: voting vow-ting
- A choice that is made by counting the number of people in favour of each alternative
- vote, ballot, balloting
- Express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote
"He voted for the motion"; "None of the Democrats voted last night"
- Express one's choice or preference by vote
"vote the Democratic ticket"
- Express a choice or opinion
"I vote that we all go home"; "She voted for going to the Chinese restaurant"
- Be guided by in voting
"vote one's conscience"
- Bring into existence or make available by vote
"They voted aid for the underdeveloped countries in Asia"
Anagrams created from the word voting