Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: waters wo-tu(r)z
- The serous fluid in which the embryo is suspended inside the amnion
"before a woman gives birth her waters break";
- amniotic fluid, amnionic fluid
- United States actress and singer (1896-1977)
- Ethel Waters
- Binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colourless odourless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- The part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river, lake or ocean)
"they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"; "they invaded our territorial bodies of water";
- body of water
- A facility that provides a source of water
"the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"; "the town debated the purification of the water system";
- water system, water supply
- Liquid excretory product
"the child had to make water";
- urine, pee, piddle, weewee, widdle [Brit]
- A liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants
"he asked for a drink of water"
- [archaic] Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- Supply with water, as with channels, ditches or streams
"Water the fields";
- Provide with water
"We watered the buffalo"
- Secrete or form water, as tears or saliva
"My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- Fill with tears
"His eyes were watering"
Anagrams created from the word waters