Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: waxing wak-sing
- The application of wax to a surface
- A gradual increase in magnitude or extent
"the waxing of the moon"
- (of the moon) pertaining to the period during which the visible surface of the moon increases
"the waxing moon passes from new to full"
- Cover with wax
"wax the car"
- Go up or advance
"Sales were waxing after prices were lowered";
- mount, climb, rise
- Increase in phase
"the moon is waxing";
- Say or write, esp. for a long time about a particular topic
"He waxed lyrical about the success"; "I've probably waxed on about them for hours"
- Remove hair from part of the body by coating the skin with wax that is then pulled off with the hair
Anagrams created from the word waxing