Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: window win-dow
- A framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- A transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- A transparent panel (as of an envelope) inserted in an otherwise opaque material
- An opening that resembles a window in appearance or function
"he could see them through a window in the trees"
- The time period that is considered best for starting or finishing something
"the expanded window will give us time to catch the thieves"; "they had a window of less than an hour when an attack would have succeeded"
- A pane of glass in a window
"the ball shattered the window";
- An opening in a wall or screen that admits light and air and through which customers can be served
"he stuck his head in the window"
- (computing) a rectangular part of a computer screen that contains a display different from the rest of the screen
Anagrams created from the word window