Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: winged wingd
- Having wings or as if having wings of a specified kind
"the winged feet of Mercury"
- Very fast; as if with wings
"on winged feet"
- Travel through the air; be airborne
- Propel through the air
- [informal] Perform without preparation
"he winged a speech at the wedding";
- improvise, improvize [non-standard], ad-lib, extemporize, extemporise [Brit], wing it [informal]
- Injure slightly (as with a gunshot), especially in the arm or leg
- Bring down a bird by shooting in the wing
Anagrams created from the word winged